Let’s face it, a lot of us are not morning people. We’re practically unable to function until we’ve had our coffee. Sound like you? We’ve come across an even easier way than usual to get your caffeine fix in the morning – one that doesn’t even require you to get out of bed (and no, Starbucks doesn’t deliver – yet).
Have you ever heard of a “smart coffee machine”? It’s certainly new to us. Coffee machines are pretty easy to use as they are – some are even a one-button push away from fresh, delicious coffee. But now, there’s a Kickstarter project for Arist Cafe, a coffee machine that can create customized coffee straight from your smartphone. You can program it for each coffee drinker to make your specific coffee in the morning, and even remotely ask it to start making you a cup while you’re on your way home.
- Use the app to create your coffee (available on iOS, Android, Windows)
- The app saves your preferences, including what time you usually drink it, how much milk you like, and what temperature you like your coffee at
- You can choose from 100,000 coffee recipes
- It recommends choices for you
- It comes in white, black, or wood (shown above)
- The reservoir can hold 1 litre of milk, 1 litre of water
- It can hold 200g of coffee beans (enough for 5 cups of 12oz cappuccinos)
- If you remove the drip tray, the machine can fill a cup up to 8″ tall
- Price: $699 as of January 2015
- Requires wifi or data
- Stock up on different types of beans through the app
- Arist Cafe is still seeking Kickstarter funding
Although you may not be able to afford this gadget (yet), it certainly could be an interesting talking point among your friends. Let’s start the debate. Would you buy it?
Here’s the website for more information: https://www.aristcafe.com/