Does your hand cramp up when using your finger to draw or write on your tablet for extended periods of time? If you’re open to trying out a stylus, this one may be right for you.
The Intuos Creative Stylus 2
The Intuos Creative Stylus 2 has a smooth and comfortable grip. The three buttons along the side are easy to access and press. The nib on this stylus is fatter than the Fineline but just as accurate. The stylus needs to charge for two hours (it took just under this for me), and then can function for up to 26 hours.
You’ll need to download an app to draw or write with the stylus (unless you’re just looking to click and swipe between apps, in which case, continue on!). The package suggests downloading Bamboo Paper but there are other compatible apps at the link below if this one doesn’t strike your fancy.
The package comes with a replacement nib, which is easy to switch. The pen case comes with a little metal hole at the bottom where you insert the nib; a simple tilt to the side removes the old one. This was slightly nerve-wracking and I thought I may have broken the nib, but applying gentle pressure removes it in one piece.
This stylus is intended for those planning to be more creative and work for extended periods of time. The grip is great for this and the pen is light. Find out more about using the Intuos Creative Stylus 2 here: https://www.wacom.com/en-us/getting-started/intuos-creative-stylus-2-getting-started.
- MSR Price: $79.95 US
- USB cable for charging
- Charging time: Approximately 2 hours (mine took an hour and 45 minutes)
- Life: Once charged, the stylus can last up to 26 hours before needing another charge
- Side buttons: can configure for different functions based on the app you’re using
- LED light: red when charging, flashes blue to signify a connection
- Nib: Carbon fibre mesh tip moves more smoothly across the screen than a rubber tip. Package contains replacement nib (2048 pressure levels) and nib removal tool
- Feel: Light, comfortable, and easy to manage. Ergonomic, flared soft-touch grip
- Contains pen case
- Usage: Ideal for drawing. Use it on your own time as a hobby, or in your art classes.